1. The Solar System is 4.571 Billion Years Old
2. Our Solar System is one of around 500 discovered solar systems in the universe
3. There are 395 known moons in our Solar System with the most belonging to the planet Saturn(82 moos)
4. The Solar System has eight planets (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus & Neptune
5. The Solar System use to have a ninth planet until it was downgraded to a dwarf planet (Pluto)
6. Most of The Solar System is made of the Oort Cloud which is 99 times larger than the rest of The Solar System.
7. Our Solar System is one of many located inside The Milky Way Galaxy
8. Our Solar System will cease to be in 7.5 Billion Years from now.
9. The Solar System has a mass of 1.0014 Solar Masses
10. The Solar System has 796,354 Minor Planets within it's bounds!
Leave a Reply.
Space, is a page dedicated to quick facts about The Universe and beyond that gives info in shorter simpets than that of the 'World' page.